Monday, May 7, 2012

This something called us

Your capable Vunerable fingertips Hold me like secret Inside your skin Your nails Bite Into my whisper name Say my name say my name I almost forget what had happened With us The hot and cold of me You and your closed mouth Hungry for a normal I cannot give myself So we dance This One step three step Awkward Off beat Snapping where we should clap In the midst of this waning and ascending This fire and freeze called us I do love you still Still the hardest parts of me soften When I see you smile The coldest days of me Crack open when you hold me both armded My nose in your neck My heels on your toes Tight I'm not running away Need time to gather Pieces of myself I loaned to lovers Who didn't know they still had them Time to collect my self respect From days too dark I can't go into alone Not even in a poem But I do For you I do for myself And anyone needing time and space Doesn't always end happily The request doesn't come with promises Just know I'm doing the best I can for you Making me a better me

No comments:

Post a Comment