Sunday, February 5, 2012

THE NIKEL chapter 8

When Life asked if Saundra knew what she wanted she immediately thought about the conversation she had with the girls over the weekend. She thought about Michelle all last night. She met her just before she opened the tax business. Saundra remembered that Michelle used to dream about being a dancer. Sometimes Saundra would go with her to the African dance class in Leimert Park. Saundra was there for the exercise and fun but she always thought that Michelle was reliving her dream. She was really good. And those were just Saturday morning workout classes. What if I am letting my dreams pass me by. What am I waiting for? She thought. She had been the supervisor of the superior court clerk's office for two and a half years and had worked there three years before that. She took the job temporarily until she could save money to get her own restaurant. Saundra began thinking about it again. She sure wasn't happy at her job.

"Where you goin'?"

"Just drivin'. You're quiet over there. What you thinkin' about?" Life asked.

"Ummm. Food."

"You hungry?"

"No. I used to talk all the time about opening a restaurant or at least starting my own catering company. And now, I think about it but almost like it's something I could have done. I could do it you know."

"You could. What's stopping you?"

"Me I guess."

Life and Saundra rode along Pacific Coast Highway in silence and looked out the window in deep thought."

No comments:

Post a Comment